Monday, March 29, 2004

Redundant order of fiction

Forgot to post the other day that there's new fiction up at RevSF. The mighty (mighty as in mighty prolific) Jay Lake has a piece of flash fiction (apparently, the is the new vogue term for stuff that's a really brief short-short. The Redundant Order of the Night is interesting and quirky, and takes a couple of reads to tease all the references out. Of course, we've also got new installments of Mark Finn's hilarious The Transformation of Lawrence Croft, in which Deej has a brush with Death, and another chapter of Don Webb's mind-twisting Uncle Ovid's Exercise Book.

I also popped open the first bottle of my cherry homebrew. Not bad at all, even though I must admit the cherry is more subtle than I was expecting. I enjoy home brewing, but tend to use the canned kits, as I don't have the patience for starting with the raw ingredient kits. This batch had an Australian Real Ale base, because I tend to favor the medium-bodied dark beers. It's a good combination. Cheers!

Now Playing: Colin James Hay Looking for Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment