Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Celebrity spokesman

Late this afternoon I received a call from Freebirds World Burrito, or rather, their advertising reps. They were gauging my interest in possibly doing a commercial for them. A television commercial.

This all stems from a baseball game, a broken leg, and a burrito-induced detour prior to visiting the emergency room. Happened quite a while back. Anyone who knows me well will understand this culinary obsession I have with Freebirds. Monster chicken, black beans, pico, cilantro, white onions and guacamole. And the sauces. All of them.

I've been worshipping at the altar of Freebirds for well over a decade now, and have made pilgrimages to all the Texas locations save for the Addison, Clear Lake and Austin Bee Caves establishments (which I fully intend to get to in the wholeness of time). I even intended to visit the original Freebirds in Santa Barbara when I visited Los Angeles for the Pigskin Classic way back when. Couldn't quite manage it, though. Santa Barbara is a long way from Anaheim.

Even though this commercial thing is far from a done deal, Lisa believes it's some sort of karmic balance returning to the universe. After all the money I've spent on Freebirds burritos over the years, it's only natural that I benefit from my addiction.

Now Playing: John Mellencamp Human Wheels

2 comments:

  1. yo...it's Steanson...the guy that bled for burritos. head up to addison sometime and we can drone on about being freeb!rd martyrs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yo...it's Steanson...the guy that bled for burritos. head up to addison sometime and we can drone on about being freeb!rd martyrs!

    ReplyDelete