Monday, January 10, 2005

Stone's Original Ginger Wine

I said I'd give a review on this confection, and I wish the word was more positive. Stone's Original Ginger Wine, a currant wine flavored with ground ginger is, to my mind, akin to one of the cloyingly sweet wine products put out by Boone's Farm, overlain with a heavy dose of flat extract of ginger ale. Supposedly folks drink it on the rocks. That didn't do it for me. The only way I could see this as being enjoyable is as part of a mixed drink--and indeed, a quick Google search turns up a recipe for "Ginger Snap," which combines one part Stone's with three parts vodka, topped off with club soda and garnished with an orange slice and a cherry. That sounds like it might be drinkable, but alas, our home is devoid of vodka at this time.

Now Playing: Gispy Kings Volare!

No comments:

Post a Comment