Thursday, October 19, 2006

Deflation

Just in case you folks were getting worried about my ego ballooning beyond all reasonable proportions due to the modest writing success I've had of late (re: sales) you can rest assured the universe has seen fit to give me some timely smackdown in the form of two rejections hitting my mailbox this crisp autumn day. Both are for stories that were held longer than normal for "consideration," and both garnered juuuuust enough praise to make the sting that much worse. Ah well. Whatchagonnnado?

In other happier news, I finally sent in the final spit-and-polished version of the Peter S. Beagle interview off to Brutarian, along with a bunch of photos of Beagle. The entire prep process took far too long to wrap up, which tells me that I'm still suffering a degree of burnout when it comes to interviews.

Now Playing: Astrud Gilberto The Best of Astrud Gilberto

No comments:

Post a Comment