Friday, May 04, 2007

Friday Night Videos

Remember when Paula Abdul was relevant? Before she became a loopy self-parody on American Idol with lawsuits over botched manicures? She never had the strongest voice, but early on she was great at picking material that suited her and even better with choreography. I wasn't familiar with any of the Bob Fosse stuff back when the video for Cold Hearted, but boy did it sure catch my attention. Since then, I've seen touring productions of Chicago and the River North Dance Company, and all I can say is that my impression of Paula Abdul, circa 1988, has gone up considerably. But that still doesn't change the fact that I think she's one of the biggest flakes you'll see outside of a box of breakfast cereal.



Previously on Friday Night Videos... Duran Duran.

Now Playing: Billy Idol Charmed Life

No comments:

Post a Comment