Friday, May 25, 2007

Friday Night Videos

It's interesting how perspective changes as you age. In the 80s, I didn't like the Eurythmics. I was neutral on some of their songs, and downright disdainful of others. But as I've gotten older, I've come to appreciate their body of work more and more, to the point where I actually like most of the songs I hated way back when. Why is that, do you suppose? Nostalgia for the 80s may play some part, but it can't be the whole story because I still hate some of the stuff I couldn't stand back then, and have grown to dislike some music I used to think was great. I'm just weird, I suppose.

In any event, waves of thunderstorms are blowing in from the southwest, making it look more and more like this Memorial Day Weekend is going to be a complete washout. Fortunately, the Eurythmics have a ready-made song just for this occasion.



Previously on Friday Night Videos... Sheryl Crow.

Now Playing: Eurythmics Greatest Hits

No comments:

Post a Comment