Thursday, January 17, 2008

Daily dose of Kinks

Ray Davies has a new solo album coming out. How come I didn't know this sooner? Working Man's Cafe is coming out next month, and there's a special edition being released as well with bonus tracks and a DVD as well. Needless to say, my Kinks-oriented music collection will get another addition shortly.

Speaking of the Kinks (which is all the time for me, pretty much) is it just me or have they become to television commercial music what Philip K. Dick is to science fiction cinema? I won't list all the Kinks tunes that've been featured prominently in marketing campaigns in recent years (the HP "Picture Book" series of spots being a particular favorite) but this new Converse spot using an obscure track from the Soap Opera album (not one of my faves) is pretty darn cool:



Now Playing: Ray Stevens I Have Returned

No comments:

Post a Comment