Friday, August 22, 2008

Of horrible, questionable taste

I've just now begun a new short story. Actually, it'll be one of my very rare short-shorts if all goes to plan. I'm more than a little horrified by it. To say it pushes the boundaries of good taste is like saying Michael Phelps is moderately competent at treading water.

I blame the bar scene at Armadillocon. Conversation topics there directly wormed into my brain and set up this festering pool of awfulness from which this story springs. Hopefully, it'll be funny. In which case it will be both Evil and Awesome simultaneously. If not, it'll merely be awful and haunt me to the end of my days. I'm kinda sorta thinking the childish, juvenile minds over at Space Squid will publish it. But then again, even they have standards. We'll see how it all shakes out.

Now Playing: Dire Straits Money for Nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment