Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Different trigger pulled

I just mailed off a book proposal. No, this isn't the infamous Chicken Ranch project. I'm still working on that one diligently, hammering the recalcitrant sample chapter into shape for an expected launch date sometime next week. This, my friends, is an entirely different book proposal, one that, with luck, will see print a good deal sooner than el rancho pollo. I have to say though, for something conceived as a project requiring minimal preparation on my part, I'm been putting in a heck of a lot of hours in on it. The grand plan originally had me finishing Sunday and hitting the mail Monday, which means I'm already a day--or two--behind, depending on how you want to look at it. I'm oddly drained by the experience.

Of course, there's no guarantee my first choice of publisher is even going to want it. I have viable alternatives, yes, but it'd be nice get this wrapped up on my first at-bat, for a change.

Now Playing: Jimmy Buffett Boats, Beaches, Bars & Ballads

No comments:

Post a Comment