Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Freebirds: It has to be said

Howdy Folks,

As a devoted, loyal and indeed, fanatical, customer of Freebirds for 19 years, I have to express my extreme disappointment for the recent decision to start watering down the habañero sauce. The first few times I encountered this, I assumed it was the local restaurant getting careless with the product. But when I encountered the same scenario in Austin the other day, I complained to the manager and was told it was a company-wide change. I pointed out that my 11-year-old daughter was sloshing the habañero sauce on her burrito and joking that it had no heat, and the manager apologized and said it was out of his hands.

An 11-year-old child was mocking the hot sauce. I know it’s a popular national trend to produce hot sauce that appeals to people do don’t actually like hot sauce, but Freebirds already has a wide variety of alternatives in place. I implore you, please reconsider this decision, lest kindergartners begin referring to Freebird’s famous “Death Sauce” as merely “Feeling Slightly Under The Weather Sauce.”

Sincerely,

Jayme Blaschke
New Braunfels, Texas

Now Playing: ZZ Top El Loco

No comments:

Post a Comment