Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Good news, bad news

I'm not one of those folks who buys a new computer every six months or so. I view it as a long-term investment, so rather than replace I'm more inclined to upgrade and refurbish. So when my old Dell Dimension 4600 started acting up a month or so back, I mapped out a plan: Get a new, 250gb hard drive to replace the old, small one that came with the machine, and then slave the old one as a backup. Also, it was time to upgrade the memory to the system's full 4gb RAM because of The Wife's increased heavy processing she does with Photoshop and the like for her photography business. Both the memory upgrade and new hard drive arrived in the mail today. Once I'm finished installing them, my desktop will be operating at peak efficiency. Ultimately, it'll still be a bit inadequate for what The Wife will ultimately need, and a new, high-end PC will need be bought, but this will serve nicely until then. So that's the good news.

The bad? A summons for jury duty arrived in the mail as well. I mean, crap on a cracker, this is about the eighth time I've been summoned in the last dozen years. And I invariably sit around for a day as lawyers motion back and forth before being sent home. I wish they had a "They won't pick me because I'm a journalist" box I could check and be excused from the whole ordeal...

Now Playing: Gypsy Guerrilla Band Ernie's Pot 'o Gold II

No comments:

Post a Comment