Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Porter project

A month or so back I got a note from the talented BOOM! Studios comic scribe and noted James Bond authority Alan J. Porter, asking if I was available to do a few head shots for him. He has several projects in the pipeline, and his publishers were asking for new jacket photos of him. Since I try to help out with The Wife's Lisa on Location photography business any way I can, I immediately accepted the gig. Getting our schedules to mesh took some doing, though. And when I arrived at Alan's house for the shoot, I realized I'd left some of the lighting equipment at home and couldn't set up a couple of nifty ideas I'd had. Drat. Still, Alan was quite patient and tolerant as I led him around and made him strike all manner of unnatural poses in a quick game of trial and error.



Obviously, I shot more than just headshots--why waste the opportunity? I was also learning The Wife's newest lens, the Canon 70-200mm 2.8 IS, and I made a few rookie mistakes with it. But the great thing about digital is that you can over-shoot, so that you're not dependent on just a handful of images to be good. I had a lot of discards, but ultimately came up with an acceptable number of images--enough to even have a little extra fun, as evidenced below.



So remember kids, if you know of anyone needing professional photography services, point them to Lisa on Location

Now Playing: John Cougar Mellencamp Uh-Huh

No comments:

Post a Comment