Monday, June 21, 2010

Toadlet

I was visiting my in-laws' place Sunday in Bastrop when I stumbled across (literally) this little guy. He was less than an inch long, and didn't want to be anywhere near me. I was able to squeeze off a few shots, including a macro. I was hoping fellow was one of the endangered Houston toads, but Texas State biology professor and Houston Toad expert Mike Forstner tells me those breed earlier in the season and would be bigger than this guy at this time of year. So all I have is a common Gulf Coast Toad. Ah well.



Interestingly enough, if you look under his belly, you'll see a *very* tiny little spider thing in its web. I had no clue it was there, and didn't notice until I downloaded the shots and viewed them on the monitor.



Now Playing: R.E.M. Eponymous

No comments:

Post a Comment