Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday Night Videos

I was a huge Genesis fan in the 80s, so when Mike Rutherford set off to work on a side project, I was primed to like Mike + The Mechanics. What's interesting is that that band's music is so different from that of Genesis. "Silent Running" blew me away when I first heard it, and I've got most of their albums. The music trends a little low-key for me to utterly love the group, but the high points are spectacular. I believe I'm not going too far out on a limb when I say the band reached it's high point with "The Living Years." A very powerful song, particularly for those of us who've had to cope with domineering fathers in our lives.



Previously on Friday Night Videos... Johnny Hates Jazz.

Now Playing: The B-52s Good Stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment