Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday Night Videos

OK Go is a band I've encountered before, and although their music is nifty, it's their videos that stay with me. They're visually creative in a way I haven't seen since the Talking Heads, only in a completely different manner. "This Too Shall Pass" is simply amazing for the intricate Rube Goldbergian set they've constructed. I *think* it's all legit, but with all the twists and turns it's possible they slipped a bit of camera trickery in, or rigged up backup triggers to keep everything going in case some element jumped the tracks. But still, wow.



Previously on Friday Night Videos... Mike + The Mechanics.

Now Playing: Pink Floyd Staying Home to Watch the Rain

2 comments:

  1. That is an impressive contraption. As good as the Honda commercial from a few years ago. I wonder how many TVs they went through and how many times they had to clean up the little yellow balls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott, if you look there toward the end of the video, you'll see a split-second glimpse of a pile of wrecked TVs heaped to one side. I'm guessing they tried at least 10 takes with the whole contraption running.

    ReplyDelete