Saturday, November 03, 2012

365 / 2

Do you folks have any idea how difficult it is to engage in a 365 photo project challenge with your wife when she's a phenomenal photographer? Yes, I help her out as a second shooter and know the difference between aperture and shutter speed, but really, I'm merely a glorified hobbyist at best. Take yesterday for example. She turns around from her desk, takes a shot of the kitten sitting behind her, and is finished with her first 365 entry before anyone knows what's happened. And with her eye and skill, it becomes art instantaneously. For me, on the other hand, the first installment turned into an ordeal, with Plan A, Plan B and Plan C failing miserably before I came up with my puffer fish photo. It's frustrating how Lisa makes it look so easy. It makes me feel like my reach is exceeding my grasp, as far as this 365 photo challenge is concerned. Which is what gave me the idea for my entry today. I call it "Metaphor." And yeah, that's how I usually feel trying to keep up with her!

365 photo project, Lisa on Location photography, New Braunfels, Texas. Metaphor

Camera: Canon 7D
Lens: Tamron 28-75mm 2.8

Now Playing: Crowded House Together Alone
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment