Thursday, February 06, 2014

Chicken Ranch report no. 47: San Antonio bound

This is a little late in coming, so for that I apologize. But tonight at 7 p.m. I am the featured speaker at the San Antonio Writers Guild monthly meeting. I will be discussing the role of research in my Chicken Ranch writings, which is a topic worthy of a book in and of itself. As a writer of science fiction and fantasy, research has always played a significant role in my writing, but for a non-fiction topic such as the Chicken Ranch, which is already shrouded by myth, mystery and misinformation to an astounding degree, thorough and exhaustive research was crucial. I drew extensively on my journalism background, and will share how chasing down any one particular lead often opened up several additional avenues of inquiry. It should be a great deal of fun.

Anyone willing to brave the chilly weather is welcome to come out. If you're not already a member of the SAWG, fear not--I suspect they'll be more than happy to sign you up on the spot.

Now Playing: Original Broadway Cast The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment