Friday, June 12, 2015

Friday Night Videos

Friday Night Videos

The world was lessened this week with the passing of Sir Christopher Lee at the age of 93. I can't recap his amazing biography here, but I'm not going out on a limb to say he's a leading candidate for the "World's Most Interesting Man." I've been a fan of his for ages, to the point of trying to bring him in as a guest for Aggiecon 22 back in the day (we didn't get him, but his agent was polite and professional, unlike others I encountered). My favorite role of his is Dr. Catheter in Gremlins 2, the only time in his career he got to play a mad scientist. That one's not mentioned much in his obituaries, but it stands out to me because it shows off Lee's great comic timing and willingness to poke fun at his larger-than-life persona, which he rarely got to do otherwise. So today's video is one of Lee's operatic heavy metal recordings (yes, you heard that right), "The Bloody Verdict of Verden." Simply amazing. After watching it, I can't help but be struck by the notion that he and Michael Moorcock should've collaborated on an album. That would've been epic.

Previously on Friday Night Videos... Len.

Now Playing: Clandestine Music from Home
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment