Friday, July 24, 2015

Friday Night Videos

Friday Night Videos

So I'm working in the studio finishing up some detail work on the trim and such. During all this I'm listening to my collection of old Doctor Demento shows from 1997-2002, and what should come on but "Take the Skinheads Bowling" by Camper Van Beethoven. I was never the biggest Camper fan but this one got me nostalgic because it was part of the "Bowling Trilogy" that Doctor Love and the Erogenous Zones played during their shows during that brief, glorious run back during my college days. I found myself grinning stupidly as I sang along with a song I hadn't heard for close to 20 years. I believe I have one or two of their songs around on MP3, but I'd really love to get ahold of the entire first album they put out, along with the live bootleg they gave to hard core fans (mine eventually wore out, sad to say). Come to think of it, I also need to track down some of Sneaky Pete's music as well...

Previously on Friday Night Videos... R.E.M..

Now Playing:
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment