Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Armadillocon off the port bow!

Armadillocon 38 is coming up this weekend, and I'll be in attendance as I have been for the past 15 years or so (my first was Armadillocon 13, but there were some gaps after that). This year, I'll only be there Friday and Saturday (July 29-30) because of my pre-existing commitment to appear at Sunday's Best Little Whorehouse in Texas performance at the Playhouse San Antonio. And that brings up the $64 question, doesn't it: Will I have copies of Inside the Texas Chicken Ranch: The Definitive Account of the Best Little Whorehouse available at the convention?

Unfortunately, the answer is "I don't know." The book's official release date is August 1, and History Press will only begin shipping the books out July 27. That's tomorrow. So it is possible I could get them in by Saturday, or even Friday with a good tail wind, but Monday is just as likely--which, for the purposes of Armadillocon, does us little good. Even without the book, I'll have some goodies to give out and there's always the August 15 signing at BookPeople. So, we have options. Here's my schedule for the weekend (I've got no programming on Friday, but I'll be around):

Saturday, August 29
  • Autographing
    11 a.m.-Noon, Dealers' Room
    Allen, Blaschke, Cardin, Swendson, Wells

  • Learning from Others' Mistakes
    9 p.m.-10 p.m., Ballroom E
    Blaschke, Bracken, Dimond*, Fung, Jewell, Marmell
    "Stories from the trenches." Panelists will discuss writing mistakes and how to avoid them.

  • Doing Research for Your Story
    10 p.m.-11 p.m., Ballroom E
    Blaschke*, Marmell, Moyer, White
    Panelists will discuss the strategies for doing effective research for stories, including examples of what has and has not worked.

Now Playing: David Bowie Best of Bowie
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment