Friday, July 01, 2016

Friday Night Videos

Friday Night Videos

I'm sorry, I can't help it. This may reflect poorly upon me as a person, but this past week whenever I hear news reports on the terror attack in Istanbul, I cannot help but immediately add "not Constantinople." It's a compulsion. I blame They Might Be Giants. Curiously enough, this is not an original song by They Might Be Giants, although it sounds all the world like it should be. It's actually a cover of a 1953 hit by The Four Lads. Learn something new every day.

Previously on Friday Night Videos... LL Cool J.

Now Playing: Peter Gabriel Passion
Chicken Ranch Central

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my, and I actually like the Bing Crosby/Ella Fitzgerald version. I had a vague idea that the Crosby version might have been played in one of the "Road to.." movies which I had a thing for as a kid, but evidently not.

    ReplyDelete