Sunday, June 20, 2004

Oh. Now I get it.

Friday night I developed a headache while working late in my office. A little crescent of pain arcing over the top to the front of my right ear. When I woke up Saturday, it was still there. Huh. Aspirin, Tylenol, ibuprofin, nothing really had any effect on it. Saturday night I still had it. This morning, it was waiting for me when I woke up. It was very strange, because although it wasn't a particularly bad headache, it was very sharply defined, and seemed physically anchored in that spot. Lisa, ever-knowledgeable about these things from personal experience, said it sounded like a migraine, because: 1) it lingers, and 2) it laughs in the face of any drugs I send its was. About an hour after Lisa's diagnosis, the headache exploded down my face and into my jaw. My teeth hurt now. I wouldn't call it debilitating pain, but it certainly isn't comfortable.

This is the first time I've ever experienced a migraine, and while I'm still functional, I kinda wish I wasn't. This isn't a whole lot of fun. I'm putting down a cocktail of different pain meds and bruying myself in a dark, quiet bedroom. I sincerely feel sorry for folks who have to cope with this on a regular basis.

Now Playing: What? Are you kidding me?

No comments:

Post a Comment