Tuesday, August 17, 2004

First day of school

We've got high drama today. Calista is now one of millions of children in the world who have left the nest to venture out into the world in search of learning. Which is a long-winded way of saying kindergarten started today. She likes her teacher, and several neighborhood friends are in her class, so other than a bit of a quivering chin when we left her, I suspect the emotional trauma will be minimal. For Calista, that is. Lisa may actually need professional therapy. Me, I'm stuck with playing the "stern and stoic" role as usual, which is really getting old. I mean, my little girl is starting school!

And they've swapped out all the computers at work. Now I have an even more intimidating Mac tower on my desk than before. And absolutely none of my files have been transferred over from the old machine, which means I'm stuck here twiddling my thumbs and doing absolutely nothing more challenging than surfing the net. As is my boss. As is his boss. We are stuck in productivity limbo. Ah, progress.

Now Playing: RCN 9412 (streaming radio, because my music library also hasn't been transferred)

No comments:

Post a Comment