Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The foul and evil mood continues

Boy, oh, boy. When it rains, it pours, as they say. We will no longer be discussing the Astros here, nor the team-that-shall-not-be-named. Nor will we discuss any of the other crappy things that have soured my otherwise sunny disposition. Instead, I will turn my ire onto one who deserves any hard knocks she takes, the vapid and hypocritical Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison:
Dear Sen. Hutchison,

I am shocked an appalled at your response to the current criminal investigation involving the Valerie Plame case. I pray that the quote from you I read in today's newspaper, where you claim prosecutors "go for technicalities, sort of a gotcha mentality in this country" and decry "perjury technicality where they couldn't indict on a crime."

I thought Republicans prided themselves on their moral backbone? I recall that a few years back, you felt that perjury was a serious issue, rather than a technicality? I quote:

"What would we be telling Americans if the Senate of the United States were to conclude: The president lied under oath as an element of a scheme to obstruct the due process of law, but we chose to look the other way. I cannot make that choice. I cannot look away."

You, madam, are an unrepentant hypocrite, and I am ashamed that you are mine or anyone else's senator.

Hutchison is a tool. Our other senator, John Cornyn, is a tool. Both of them give Republicans a bad name (if that's even possible) and are among the poorest lawmakers of any party. Can we have Lloyd Bentsen back now? Pretty please?

Now Playing: Various The Blues Brothers Soundtrack

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:38 PM

    I posted the following on my online journal a couple of days ago--it was her reason for why she was voting to impeach Bill Clinton:

    "The edifice of American jurisprudence rests on the foundation of the due process of law. The mortar in that foundation is the oath. Every day, thousands of citizens in thousands of courtrooms across America are sworn in as jurors, as grand jurors, as witnesses, as defendants. On those oaths rest the due process of law upon which all of our other rights are based. The oath is how we defend ourselves against those who would subvert our system by breaking our laws. There are Americans in jail today because they violated that oath."

    Danny Adams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, she's real adept at talking out of both sides of her mouth. I remember when NATO was intervening to stop the genocide in Kosovo, she few out to a U.S. base in Germany to denounce our involvement and declare that she would do everything in her power to get us out. At the time I thought this borderline treasonous--undermining our troops and commitment at a time of war.

    Yet now she feels free to attack anyone opposed to our ongoing quagmire in Iraq as un-American? Spin it, Kay, spin it.

    ReplyDelete