Friday, October 14, 2005

My prediction

The Astros take two of three at Minute Maid Park, and the series shifts back to St. Louis with Houston up 3-2. I expect Clemens to throw his usual dominant stuff for a game 3 win, and I anticipate Pettite bounces back from his wretched start in game 1 for a game 5 gem. Backe, the game 4 starter, is an obvious drop off in talent. While St. Louis' game 4 starter is no great shakes, either, I just don't see Backe faring well against the Cardinals' relentless bats.

Those keeping score at home will remember that last season Houston went back to St. Louis with a 3-2 lead as well. The difference this time around is that the 'Stros will have the 1-2 punch of Oswalt and Clemens fully rested and ready for games 6 and 7. As good as Oswalt's been, I don't really see this going past game 6. But if it does, I can't fathom Clemens having a game 7 meltdown like he did a year ago.

Now Playing: nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment