Friday, July 14, 2006

I call you on the telefone... but you're never home

Remember when MTV stood for "Music Television"? I do, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who loved those great, goofy videos from the 80s. I had the most humongous crush on 80s BritPop sensation Sheena Easton, and still do, a little. She had a great voice, the sexiest little Scots brogue, and was cuter than all get-out. She made some really bizarre career choices at the end of the 80s that pretty much destroyed her career outside of Vegas, but hey, that never stopped me from being a fan.

Her videos were also a mostly hit-or-miss affair, but Telefone is nevertheless one of the all-time greats among music videos. Sure, it's silly and has absolutely nothing to do with the song itself, but man, how can you not love a film that gives you Frankenstein's Monster, Dracula, the Hunchback of Notre Dame, a disembodied hand and King Kong, all chasing after the same Scottish lass? Simply brilliant, I tell you!


Previously on Friday Night Videos... Falco

Now Playing: The Cars Greatest Hits

No comments:

Post a Comment