Sunday, February 04, 2007

Staggering across the finish line

This weekend was devoted to doing my income tax return. Granted, not the entire weekend. I set aside a block of three hours or so on Saturday for the Aggie game (I just checked again--yep, they did beat the Jayhawks at Allen Fieldhouse. It wasn't a dream...) since a man must have his priorities in order. I also watched parts to the Superbowl this evening, but it didn't hold my interest much. A sloppy mess in the rain. My man Billy Joel did a decent job with the National Anthem, and by golly, Prince really gave an inspired halftime performance. But the game itself? Meh. Didn't really help that I don't really care one way or the other for either team.

But yeah, my taxes are done. And the news is good--there's a nice little bit coming back this direction once all is said and done. Yay! Of course, it's already earmarked for paying off credit card bills and the like, but all things considered, it's better than a sharp stick in the eye. Now I get to rest easy until this time next year...

Now Playing: Alanis Morissette Jagged Little Pill

No comments:

Post a Comment