Monday, March 17, 2008

Monochrome

The Digital Photography School blog features weekly contests/assignments, in which readers are given a photography topic to shoot. The idea is to challenge the photog each week into either trying something they haven't done with the camera before, or attempt the subject in a new and creative way. Last week's assignment was "monochrome." Amidst all the stress we had to deal with, I somehow managed to grab a little time and attempt to photograph smoke for the assignment. This was something I'd wanted to do for a while, and even though it was a sloppy, over-stressed rush job, the end result wasn't too shabby.

MonoSmoke


One of these days, when I have the time, I'm going to try this again, and do it properly. One interesting note--on the largest version of the photo on Flickr, you can actually see the weave of the black sweatshirt I used for the background through the smoke.

Now Playing: Ray Davies Working Man's Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment