Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Primary colors

So far this bizarre primary season, we've had Chelsea Clinton and Sean "Samwise" Astin campaign in San Marcos, Sen. Ted Kennedy give a political speech in Evans Auditorium and then there was that Barak Obama rally in Sewell Park which drew upwards of 15,000 people. You'd think with people actually voting today, the insanity would die down some. You'd be wrong. Look who turned up on the Texas State University campus this afternoon for a little get-out-the-vote cheerleading:

Bill-On-Campus


I didn't get many decent pics because, ironically, most of the time former President Bill Clinton was too close to me for my 75-300 lens to focus on him. When you only have 30 seconds or so to get a shot, you can't waste it switching lenses, unfortunately, and I made the wrong call. Bummer. I definitely need a good mid-range zoom for situations like this.

I did manage to get a handful of decent profile shots of the former president despite the rugby scrum of students jostling around me trying to get close enough to shake his hand. And if it's shots of the back of his head you're needing, I kicked all kinds of ass there.

Now Playing: The Hollies The Hollies Greatest Hits

2 comments:

  1. Wowsa. How did I manage to miss this? Where on campus did he stop by?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He stopped in to the LBJ Student center for maybe 30 minutes. He was gone by 3 p.m.

    The only reason I knew about it is because the switchboard kept sending calls to the office asking "Is Bill Clinton on campus?"

    ReplyDelete