Monday, March 03, 2008

The new face of music piracy

Since I have it on good authority that all blogs are improved by more Kasey Lansdale content, I offer up another shot taken during the Lone Star Sleuths extravaganza last week. Again, I was trying to get a little artsy with this one. I tried to get close to the stage by shooting between a speaker and the wall, and noticed an interesting vignetting effect around the edges of the shot when I examined the resultant shot. So I pulled back, using the light-and-dark contrast to frame the shot.

Kasey_Lansdale2-sm


Of course, there's always that one drunk at every concert who feels the need to scream out "Freebird!" In this instance, that role is played by Bill Crider. No, Crider didn't call out for "Freebird," but he did make a show of his mad piratz skillz, recording poor little Kasey's show on his stealth bootleg device.

Bill_Crider-sm


No doubt Chinese sweatshops will begin producing illegal DVDs of the performance Any Minute Now.

Now Playing: Roy Orbison In Dreams

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:33 AM

    You're right. All blogs are improved by more Kasey Lansdale. Her and Paris Hilton.

    ReplyDelete