Friday, February 01, 2013

19/365: Monks! Monks! Monks!

Tibetan monks from the Drepung Loseling Monastery have spent this past week at Texas State University. They've spent most of the week creating an intricately beautiful sand mandala in the LBJ Student Center on campus, which by now has been erased with some of the sand being cast into the San Marcos River in a blessing ceremony by the monks. I'd intended to attend their opening ceremonies on Monday, and visit throughout the week to watch their mandala progress. Alas, I've been so swamped that this morning was the first--and only--chance I got to visit. To my delight, they hadn't finished work on the mandala, and I was able to watch their painstaking acts of creation in progress. Breathtaking work.

Monks from the Drepung Loseling Monastery, India, create a mandala of sand in the LBJ Student Center at Texas State University. Tibetan monks. Lisa On Location photography, 365

Camera: Canon 7D
Lens: Canon EF 100mm 2.8 macro

I took quite a few shots, ultimately filling up my memory card. So here's a bonus shot for today's 365 photo project entry. Were that all my daily photos so interesting!

Monks from the Drepung Loseling Monastery, India, create a mandala of sand in the LBJ Student Center at Texas State University. Tibetan monks. Lisa On Location photography, 365

Camera: Canon 7D
Lens: Canon EF-S 10-22mm

Now Playing: Clannad An Diolaim
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment