Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Shout-out from Texas Monthly

Back when I was an ambitious young journalist and fiction neopro, I attempted to crack the Texas Monthly market. It didn't end well, and I carry the bitter scars to this day. So it took a bit of pride-swallowing to send out cautious feelers in 2013 to see if they were interested in a piece on the 40th anniversary of the Chicken Ranch's closure. Not interested. So it's with some small degree of satisfaction that I see John Nova Lomax has referenced yours truly on Texas Monthly's blog:

The Road To The Chicken Ranch

It's a nice writeup overall, although he does perpetuate some popular misconceptions--but if it weren't for those popular misconceptions, there wouldn't have been any reason for me to write Inside the Texas Chicken Ranch: The Definitive Account of the Best Little Whorehouse, would there?

Who knows... maybe they'll come around and ask me to write a piece for the 50th anniversary of the closure. It's not that far away anymore!

Now Playing:
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment