Sunday, July 24, 2005

Austin signing

It went fairly well, at least in comparison to yesterday's. The floor manager set me up with a bottle of water and 30--count 'em, 30!--copies of my book, and I didn't have much contact with anyone from the store after that. My in-laws stopped by to offer moral support, and also bought some children's books for the girls. Then I was on my own. There was the usual assortment of vaguely curious folks coming up to chat. One guy named Ed was a huge Star Trek and Babylon 5 fan, and as soon as he heard there was a Harlan Ellison interview in the book, he bought it on the spot. I like those kinds of guys. I sold a few books--which was a few more than I did yesterday--and was pleased to see that they already had a number of them on the store's shelves.

The highlight, though, was a guy who came out specifically to see me and talk even though he was short of cash and couldn't buy a book then (Hi Jan!). That's cool. The fact that he felt I was worth the effort is flattering enough in its own right.

Now Playing: The Righteous Brothers Unchained Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment