Friday, July 22, 2005

Well, this just sucks seven ways to Sunday

I've just learned that Fred Saberhagen has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. The cancer has spread. Aggressive treatment is being implemented, but the chances of success aren't as great as if they'd caught it earlier on. I'm told this is essentially the same thing that got Poul Anderson. Damn.

While I make no bold claims at a close friendship with Saberhagen, he was my author guest of honor at AggieCon 22 way back in 1991. That's the lone convention I've run in my lifetime, and I have to say that friendly, cooperative guests like Saberhagen made things go swimmingly. And he's always been friendly toward me when our paths have crossed at subsequent conventions.

Man, I hope he licks this thing.

Now Playing: Gipsy Kings Volare!

1 comment:

  1. That was a memorable AggieCon, and I got Saberhagen to sign a few books for me there. I'm sorry to hear about the cancer, and I certainly hope that he recovers.

    ReplyDelete