Thursday, July 28, 2005

Were I a fisherman

Were I a fisherman, I'd be ready, willing and able to stretch the truth a tad. Since I'm not (haven't really been fishing in 20 years) I'm a might reluctant to make mountains outta molehills. But...

For quite a while now I've been shopping a couple of anthology proposals around the publishing world. Early on there was an editor who fell in love with one, and all but had the contract drawn up before before his superiors told him "No" in unequivocal terms. Since then, it's been a series of "Hey, this is a neat idea. No, our people won't go for it. Good luck elsewhere!" Until now.

No, I won't go so far as to say we've got a nibble (hence the fishing reference above). But I can say there is an editor fish circling, eyeing the proposals with wary interest. Maybe we'll get a bite on both. Maybe on one but not the other. Maybe said fish will swim off to better feeding grounds. I dunno. Hopefully things will be clearer in a month or so. But by gosh and by golly, this is good news as far as I'm concerned. Whee!

Now Playing: Schubert Symphony no. 4, "Tragic"

No comments:

Post a Comment