Wednesday, January 30, 2013

17/365: Fossil

In my intro to digital photography class (which is moving at a very pedestrian pace, in my opinion) we've currently assigned the task of photographing something of ours that will fit within an 8x10 area. We're going to use a scanner at the university to scan said object, then combine the photographed image and scanned image in Photoshop. I'm not entirely clear on all the particulars, as I've yet to see an example. But I do have my object--a nifty bivalve fossil we found on a field trip with Monkey Girl's class to a nearby quarry some years back. We found this lump of rock with indications of a fossil clam or scallop shell on the outside. When we tapped it with a hammer, it split in to perfectly, revealing both the very well-preserved fossil shell and an impressive impression of said shell. There's more fossilized shell within the rock, but it doesn't seem inclined to come out, and I'm not about to start chipping away at it.

365 photo project, shellfish bivalve fossil, Lisa On Location photography, New Braunfels and San Antonio

Camera: Canon 7D
Lens: Tamron 28-75mm 2.8

Now Playing: Fleetwood Mac Tusk
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment