Monday, January 14, 2013

First day of class and new 365 attempt

SO, I started the new semester today as a student at Texas State. I'm also maintaining my full 40-hour work week at the university as well. I had my basic drawing class this morning at 8 a.m., followed by my digital photography class at 2 p.m., with what little time I have sandwiched between them (and after hours, depending on work load) to keep up with everything that comes across my desk. Truly, Mondays and Wednesdays are not going to be kind to me for the next four months.

Despite that, or maybe because of it, I've decided to launch another 365 photo project. I ended my previous foray into the year-long photo shoot adventure following Day 40 for various reasons I'll not go into here, but it was a conscious choice I made, knowing I'd revisit the format before too long. Now, with two photography courses staring me in the face, I figure now is as good a time as any since I've got to shoot, shoot, shoot regardless. My rules are going to be pretty loose--basically, nothing I shoot commercially can be used to satisfy my daily photo. I'll try to post daily, but not going to give myself an ulcer over it. Again, pretty loose. My goal is to have 365 new photos up by this time next year, and the route by which I attain that is flexible.

So, here's today's entry, a shot which I took yesterday at Bug's Cub Scout pinewood derby race. Yeah, I dusted off my old photojournalism skills for this. His car is the menacing one in front with a shark fin. "The Shark of Mars" is what he called it, and while it didn't reach the finals, it put up a good showing over six heats, with three first place finishes against one second and two thirds.

365 photo project, Cub Scouts, pinewood derby

Camera: Canon 7D
Lens: Tamron 28-75mm 2.8

Lisa On Location Photography

Now Playing:
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment