Thursday, January 24, 2013

8/365: Hanson Fong

I'm not much of a fanboy when it comes to photographers, but I'll admit I got a bit excited during Imaging USA when I discovered Hanson Fong at the Canon booth giving lighting demonstrations. His wedding work is a bit formal for my taste--he's heavily influenced by the late Monte Zucker--but he is one of the first big-name photographers to embrace the potential of digital infrared. He had two infrared images on display in Canon's gallery, in fact. I waited through his lighting demo for a chance to chat with him about infrared. The conversation didn't go too in-depth, but I did come away feeling that I'm on the right track with my own infrared work. Hopefully, I'll have more of that to share as my 365 photography project progresses. Until then, here's Hanson Fong:

365 photo project, Lisa On Location photography, Hanson Fong, Imaging USA

Camera: Canon 7D
Lens: Tamron 28-75mm 2.8

Now Playing: The Kinks Kinda Kinks
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment