Friday, June 07, 2013

128/365: Gossypiifolia

I'm a fan of passion flowers, and have several types growing at home. Several have been blooming, although I haven't had a chance to properly photograph them (at least, not as I would consider proper). Yesterday I saw that my passiflora foetida var. gossypiifolia (a Texas native also known as Corona de Cristo) had bloomed for the first time this year. So this morning I went out, and despite the less than ideal circumstances, grabbed a few quick shots. I like the color of this one, and it makes tasty (if small) fruit as well. The flowers close up by midday, however, so I've got to be an early bird to get any images.

passion flower foetida var. gossypiifolia, lisa on location photography, 365 photo project, New Braunfels, San Antonio, Austin, San Marcos

Camera: Canon 7D
Lens: Canon 100mm 2.8 macro
Lisa On Location

Now Playing: Kim Carnes Gypsy Honeymoon
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment