Tuesday, June 25, 2013

143/365: Caerulea

And here we have a seed from quite possibly the most wide-spread passion flower in the world, caerulea. The seed's a bit smaller than that of incarnata, and not quite so dramatic in its surface texture. This is a seed from last year, stored in my refrigerator in a packet of moist sand. I suspect if I get some fresh seed this year I'll re-shoot it, as tiny sand grains wedged themselves into little nooks on the seed so that I couldn't brush it clean. Note to self: Fresh seeds photograph better than stored seeds.

passion flower, passiflora caerulea, seed, macro. Lisa on Location photography, 365 photo project, New Braunfels, San Marcos, San Antonio, Austin

Camera: Canon 7D
Lens: Canon 100mm 2.8 macros with Vivitar 2x telextender
Lisa On Location

Now Playing: The Smithereens 11
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment