Thursday, June 20, 2013

135/365: Serratifolia seed

So, I hang out online with a bunch of other passion flower enthusiasts who are members of the Passiflora Society International. The group recently had a seed sale, and I picked up several packages of seed from a variety of species. Naturally, before I planted them I decided to take some high-magnification macro photos of the seeds. Passiflora are known for their dramatic variation, and guess what? The same can be said for their seeds. This is the seed of passiflora serratifolia, a type I've never grown before. This seed has the most dramatic projectile-point shape I've ever seen, outside of an actual projectile point.

passion flower, passiflora serratifolia, seed, macro. Lisa on Location photography, 365 photo project, New Braunfels, San Marcos, San Antonio, Austin

Camera: Canon 7D
Lens: Canon 100mm 2.8 macros with Vivitar 2x telextender
Lisa On Location

Now Playing: Sheena Easton The Lover in Me
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment