Monday, May 24, 2004

It means "Bad Blood" in Latin

One thing to do, among too many others on my plate at the moment, is proof the galley of "Simultas" which is sitting on my desk beside me. The story's coming out in the CyberPulp e-anthology Kings of the Night III. It's a bit of an experiment for me--the venue, not the story itself--since I've never ventured into e-publishing before, other than the Cyclops reprint on RevSF.

Kings of the Night III is an anthology of sword and sorcery adventure stories. "Simultas" qualifies as this, I suppose. But it also skirts alternate history, horror and Arthurian. It's also the very first piece of short fiction I ever wrote, and rereading it all these years later, I'm actually surprised at how well it holds up. No wonder I've written four other tales featuring the protagonist. Since I first wrote it, I've had this vague notion that ultimately I'd write a couple dozen or so episodes, and when collected they'd cover his entire life in one volume. I still fancy that idea--but I've got quite a few words to write before I reach that point!

Now Playing: The Gypsy Guerrilla Band Ernie's Pot O' Gold II

No comments:

Post a Comment