Thursday, August 12, 2004

I have no self-control

I couldn't resist. I had to send a letter. And for any Anglophiles or loyal
Subjects of the British Crown reading this blog, I'M JOKING! In the letter, I'm joking, not joking about sending the letter. Hey, the Kinks are my favorite band, remember? Can't get much more British than that...
Dear Ms. Rowat,

Thank you for your enlightening column on science fiction conventions! I’d
entertained thoughts of attending from Texas, and had chalked up all those
strange rumors of weirdness going on at these convention-things to gross
stereotypes. Thanks for clarifying things for me! I’ll certainly avoid this
thing like the plague now!

Although, to be honest, I’m somewhat relieved. I mean, what with all the
bad food and bad weather over there, not to mention the big-eared, weak-chinned,
cross-dressing soccer hooligans running around with bad teeth, I’ve long
been uncomfortable with the very concept of Britain. Fortunately, you’ve
covinced me that I don’t have to subject myself to such horrors.

Now Playing: Dave Davies Bug

No comments:

Post a Comment