Tuesday, March 29, 2005

For the writer who doesn't have everything, but wants it

Apart from the witty banter and caustic commentary, one of the reasons I always read Bookslut is because Jessa or Michael can always be depended on to come up with weird and wonderful links. Sometimes it's both weird and wonderful in the same link. So imagine my delight when I saw the haunted bookshelf.

This is the single coolest thing I have ever seen (and by cool I mean utterly pointless but infinitely desireable). I will get one for my office bookshelves when all the money from my Voices of Vision royalty checks starts rolling in. And when I say "royalty checks" I mean "probably never." And when I mention my office bookshelves, I mean "when I finish building them." And when I say "finish building them" I really mean "when I actually start building them." But I do have a bunch of nails and a table saw in the garage, and I've looked at lumber at both Lowe's and Home Depot, so it's not such a far-fetched notion.

The good news is that because the the haunted bookshelf costs around $250, I'mm not likely to get more than one, if I get any at all. Because if I get more than one, I'm likely to run out of shelf space for actual books in a real hurry. That is, if I ever get the shelves built in the first place.

Now Playing: Billy Joel 2000 Years--Millennium Concert

No comments:

Post a Comment