Tuesday, March 22, 2005

I'd break my leg for a monster

Remember that commercial I filmed for Freebirds a while back? Well, apparently they're beginning to run some of the series in various Texas markets. I've wondered up to now if they planned on actually using me in the campaign. According to this press release, I can stop wondering:
One of the spots will highlight a loyal Aggie fan who drops from the stands onto the field during a University of Texas/Texas A&M baseball game and breaks his ankle. He grabs a broom from the stadium as a make-shift crutch. On his way to the hospital, he realizes that he won’t have the opportunity to eat for hours. Freebirds is open. He stops on his way to the hospital for a Monster Burrito.

True story. What can I say? I was hungry, the hour was late, and from past experience I knew they wouldn't let me eat or drink anything once I got to the hospital. That burrito didn't make my leg any less broken, but at least I wasn't hungry anymore...

Now Playing: The Kinks To the Bone

2 comments:

  1. Today, commercials. Tomorrow, a Spielberg blockbuster?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thus begins my plan for world domination. I'm just worried what I'd have to break to make it in Hollywood. I've only got so many bones, you know.

    ReplyDelete