Thursday, March 24, 2005

Tapping the comic fanbase

One section of Voices of Vision is devoted to comic book creators. Neil Gaiman, Brad Meltzer, Frank Cho, Scott Kurtz and Elliot S! Maggin. This was intentional on my part, so as to potentially tap the comic book market--which is interlinked historically with science fiction fandom. That effort has paid off a little bit.
“I knew from the earliest conception of this book that comics would have to be a part of it,” Blaschke said. “First, I’m a huge fan of the form. But there’s also the fact that comics and science fiction have such an intertwined history--it’s difficult to separate the two. And so many of the genre writers interviewed here have comics backgrounds to varying degrees, it was a natural fit.”

The Pulse has run a little story on my book. I don't know if this will generate any sales, but it certainly can't hurt to get the book exposed to more eyes. I might even get a review of the book on the site. That's something that would really help!

Now Playing: Pink Floyd Piper at the Gates of Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment