Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Fermentation frivolity

Just so you folks don't think I spend all of my time doing intense, demanding and stressful writerly-like stuff, I present to you the lable I've designed for that metheglin I finally bottled the other night:

Holiday Spice Metheglin

This isn't the initial design I'd planned, but that proved to be a non-starter when the complex Photoshop compositing proved quite a bit more uncooperative than I'd expected. Still, this lable looks quite fetching on the green claret bottles, and I feel is nicely evocative.

Interestingly, the mead/metheglin has cleared out completely now. There is obvious sediment in the bottom of all the bottles. That doesn't look very attractive, but as the stuff is almost entirely composed of cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and ginger, I don't think it's going to hurt the final product any. I'm definitely looking forward to opening a bottle around Thanksgiving.

Now Playing: J.S. Bach Harpsicord Concertos 1

No comments:

Post a Comment