Thursday, May 19, 2005

Let the carnage begin

Yes, the Dark Side holds sway over me. In four short hours, I shall wedge my fat butt into a darkened theater seat and watch with rapt attention as young Skywalker cleaves a path of destruction through the Jedi ranks in Revvenge of the Sith. And hopefully, I will enjoy it. I'm sure I'll let you folks know.

But until then, let me point you over to the Austin American-Statesman, which has a good interview up: The Force, and a sense of humor, is with Star Wars writer Aaron Allston.
RebelPilot: Have you ever considered when writing an X-Wing novel to throw a bunch of a, b, x and y wings together and calling them Alphabet Soup Squadron? (I reckon they would have been the real heroes of the rebellion.)

Aaron Allston: Ummm . . . no. I haven't.

I'm telling you, they just don't have quotes like that in The New York Times! Aaron's a good writer and all-around swell guy, so you should go check out his interview before the Statesman archives it.

Now Playing: Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers Live at the Fillmore

No comments:

Post a Comment