Friday, September 30, 2005

Ewww!

Last week Calista had a sore throat and a cough, and this week she's given it to me. The first few days were just annoying scratchiness, but since Wednesday I've had that deep-pitched frog voice, enough so that my co-workers have been making me say things like "This is CNN" and "No, Luke. I am your father!"

Fortunately, I hadn't been coughing much. Normally, I catch one little bug and cough my lungs out all winter, sick or not. But last night it caught up with me. About 1 a.m. there was a tickle/scratch in my throat that woke me up and would not leave me be. I started coughing. I went downstairs so as not to wake up the rest of the house. The coughing fit just got worse and worse. Then I notice the splatter of red. I do a double-take, and realize I've coughed so hard and so long that I've given myself a nosebleed. A pretty convincing, sloppy, biohazard-level-3 one at that.

I don't get nosebleeds. At least, not voluntarily (I've been given them on occasion, but that's a different animal entirely). What a disgusting, messy concept. It didn't take much to clean myself up, but geeze.

Such is the excitement that fills my days and nights.

Now Playing: Salsa del Rio Que Siga La Tradicion

1 comment:

  1. Holy Crap, how's this bullshit happen? Hows a blog getting spammed!!! Hey, Jamye, I've been sick as a dog with the flu the past two weeks, too. I really feel for you. And I'm really real!!!

    Lou Antonelli (hisself!)

    ReplyDelete