Monday, November 06, 2006

Bliss

Friday at World Fantasy I spent two hours talking beer with Peter Beagle in the hotel lobby. Not drinking it, mind you, but talking it. The man has excellent taste. During the chat, I mentioned "1554: Enlightenment Black Ale" from the New Belgium Brewery in Fort Collins Colorado. Peter was very interested in it. I first was introduced to it by Bruce Sterling at a Turkey City party some years back. Black, rich and smoky, with a dry, chocolaty finish.

While at the local H-E-B picking up some groceries this evening, I saw that they had 1554 in stock. I picked it up without a second thought, and boy, am I glad I did. It's even better than I remember. I'm drinking some now, so feel free to be jealous. Yum.

Now Playing: Ray Davies Other People's Lives

No comments:

Post a Comment